Saturday, January 16, 2010

Kpop Sensation Getting To Me

Bumbleberri's drama of the day...
***
I'm getting more interested in korean bands more and more now...
See, last week, I started getting into KARA, whom I've seen back when I got into Kim Bum in the MKMF Dance Battle 2007.



I got into KARA as a result of their song Mister, in this post I made a couple days back. Now, I've finally (?) joined in on the bandwagon of SNSD, SS501, Super Junior, and f(x) - the latter of which my friend s mentioned the other day, also because my f-list re-introduced this band to me this morning.
And back to Super Junior - I honestly can't believe that I'ms tarting to like this group... it's all Seoul Song MV's fault! But that is a pretty clever marketing strategy for both super junior and snsd :)
Showcasing every individual in the group. Before, the main reason I had disinterest in the two groups was beceause they had too many members that you can't even distinguish one individual from another, which I don't like. I mean, Guess why I've always preferred solo singers to boybands or girlbands?
All the korean idol groups I've grown fond of XD

Wonder Girls - K, This part of this entry is going to be pretty long... Because Wonder Girls is my favorite (by far) korean girl group!!I've always preferred their 'cool girl' images, their dance songs that make you really want to just bounce off your chair and hit the dance floor. Counting all of their songs I've listened to; Irony, Nobody, Tell Me, and So Hot....the ones that don't have as catchy songs have great music videos to make up for that lacking. An example would be their debut song "Irony". Their best song so far imo is between "Tell Me" and "So Hot". Here's the analysis; "Tell Me" got me into this group, and the dance that came along with the song is one of my absolute favorites to-date (not counting


FT Island - Because of the drama, You're Beautiful. Of course. Then, I googled 'Best Asian MVs of 2009' and got FT Island's "I Hope" as one of the results, so I checked it out, and I liked the mv - especially Lee Hong Ki's voice when he sings! But I will forever think of him as the adorable Jeremy in YB. :D
Kara - From a fan parody that got controversy when some British gossip site publicised it. And it was that video of Kara performing "Mister" on a soccer field... so I youtubed the song and feel in love with Kara's songs ever since... Individuals that got me into the group were probably the leader Park Gyuri and Goo Hara (the latter is often praised as having a dolly face that surpasses WG's Soo Hee).

SNSD - So last year, I've begun venturing into some kpop, and knew about snsd and wondergirls already... But I had to check out and judge which group I really wanted to listen to korean music from, so I found this one video where they had a singing battle between the two groups, and I decided that wonder girls were cooler (snsd was a little too girly and bubbly for my tastes). So I didn't really pay attention to SNSD much this year, even "Gee" didn't fair very well for me. But once, I saw an introduction to all the members of snsd; 3 I've already know about - Tae Yeon (bc of her song in Hong Gil Dong), Seohyun, and Yoonha (bc I disliked her at that time). And then, a post about Jessica vs Tiffany... with my conclusion that I liked Jessica more, but we are all entitled to our opinions of course :) And then, I relistened to Gee, and thought it wasn't so bad after all, but I did like their song "Genie" a lot.

2NE1 - Bubbi introduced them to me! She did a makeup tutorial inspired by Park Bom in the group, and she had on 2NE1's song "In the Club" in the bakground - which she mentioned was her favorite from the group, so I went ahead and checked the song out, and I fell in love with them also! Plus the fact that Park Bom looks awesome, and Sandara Park, whom I know from the "Kiss" mv with Lee Min Ho. Now, I'm kinda into "I Don't Care", which I actually didn't like the first time I heard it, but someone did a great cover to the song, and it's stuck in my head now :P

SS501 - Introduced to this group as a result of Boys Before Flowers, and they sung "Because I'm Stupid", which was equivalent to "Promise" of You're Beautiful (these two songs are what got me into the dramas, respectively) although all the songs in You're Beautiful are the best ones I've ever heard in a drama ost, but that's besides the point.. I'm liking their catchy new song, "Love Like This".
Super Junior - Love Han Geng, though never knew about him much. (SJ M) Love SJ's maknae (youngest member) Hyun Kyun :)) He's so hott, I remember never knowing his name until he went on that show with all the kid geniuses, but I've always liked him at the few SJ M promos, and loved him in the Seoul Song MV with Seohyun (the maknae of snsd)...their story was the cutest...the story was almost like a parody to one scene in My Love Patzzi with Jang Nara. Currently, their mv "Super Girl" has caught my attention for some reason haha..Hang Geng and Jessica? Yes yes.

f(x) - I'm still pretty meh with them, but I'm definitely growing interested in the group! update: and I might have just seen something that will change my mind about them (as in, like them even more!)! :D


Individuals I like from the korean idol groups: Hyunkyun (SuJu), Min ho (SHINee), Jessica (SNSD), Yoona (SNSD), Tae Yeon (SNSD), Junsu (DBSK), Seohyun (SNSD), Han Geng (SuJu M), Sunny (Wonder Girls), Soo Hee (Wonder Girls), Goo Hara (Kara), Sandara Park (2NE1), Park Gyuri (Kara), and Lee Hong Ki (FT Island).
---
*** Recording new covers for korean songs (for the 1st time)!
I have Without Words and Broke Up Today done right now... just need to do some editing...

No comments:

Post a Comment