Tuesday, August 10, 2010

August Favorites!

Yep, I'm doing a blog version of the famous Youtube beauty guru video - the monthly product picks!
I got these items from my local drugstores and from target when I went to pick up some school supplies, and treasures they were! Now my makeup minimalist routine is just mascara + jelly balm! In case you're wondering, my previous routine was vaseline and eyelash curler, minus mascara because I've always disliked mascara for their bristley application and tons of other reasons - the mascara liquid make my lashes block my vision, and the removing eye makeup part is just icky. But I'm in love with my new Covergirl's lash exact! So I'm actually starting to use mascara again..

NYX eyeshadow trio - Sahara, Suede, Chocolate
The fact that my drugstore supplied this line was surprising because I never found them before now! I love the pigmented colors, not too dramatic but not too faint, perfect for everyday looks. And the nice colors just makes me happy! Even though this is powder, I can never get over how creamy the colors blend and slide on! A very good thing. On top of that, the packaging is super nice for the dough, and I like the mirror that they include. This beats Maybelline Chai Latte's ass, no doubt! If I could have just one eyeshadow trio with me, I would take this one.


Covergirl Lash Exact mascara - black, not waterproof kind
I wasn't exactly looking for a better mascara since I never really liked mascaras in general, my history with these eyelash monsters haven't been so smooth... A few days ago, I saw xteeener's video about drugstore mascaras she tried, and the Maybelline's Define-a-lash caught my eye. but then she concluded that she still liked her Covergirl lash blast the best. Later, I watched macbarbie07's video on back to school items, and she recommended the Covergirl lash exact, which looked like a slimmer version of the famed lash blast, so I checked the review on it at makeupalley, and it was a unanimious 'great'. So I went to the store and picked it up (it was on 10% off too!) and it was amazing. The bristles were the rubber kind, so my lashes didn't experience the bristley feel. Also, the mascara liquid wasn't dripping from the applicator at all, which was nice. And best of all, my lashes did look way prettier and clean-looking, no clumps and all.
L'oreal Jelly Balm in Ripe
This one was a bit unexpected because I went to the l'oreal section to find their l'oreal de-crease eye primer. My search came up dry, but then I saw how this was on clearance, and the originally priced at 8 bucks was on half price! And I hear good things about the jelly balm from xteeener, but it was so expensive for a drugstore lip balm, I hesitated, but now that it's on such a high clearance, I finally got the item. First thing I want to rave about, is the cute jar packaging. It's so nicely deisgned so that you can stick it in your purse and not have everything all sticky by the end of the day. Now let's talk about the balm. The testure is really 'plushy' and of course jelly, which was fun. It gives your lips a nice shine that makes your whole face look more radiant. I can't really describe the fragrance, it has a faint trace fo fruit mixed with mint, or maybe just the faintest mint. The only complaint I have it that it's a little hard to apply at first and it feels sticky - but I think when you have it on your lips it feels much less sticky.

No comments:

Post a Comment