Saturday, August 21, 2010

Famous chinese fiction written by a 23 year old?

Wow, so I'm excited. It's so close to starting school, but I couldn't help to share some of the new dramas I'm into, as well as relate recent happenings, etc.

Struggle couple reunion!
First things first. I've joined Cfensi's new book club thing, where we read chapters of online version of the same chinese book, and then discuss it in a week's time. This is in our first week, and the book we are reading is Guo Jing Ming's famous Tiny Times 1.0... Interesting read so far, even though I'm usually the type of person who glances at a bunch of chinese characters, then look away because it's too much to take it in all at once. But I do find that reading a chapter a week, and anticipating a discussion every week really gets me going for that chapter-a-week goal! So that's been great :)
Also, on top of that, I downloaded a copy of 步步惊心, which is similar to Yang Mi's new drama Heartlock jade! So I'm excited to start reading that as well, love time traveling stories mixing modern city life with dynasties. Love em.
On a final note, not only I get to see Playful Kiss in less than two weeks, there's an unexpected interesting drama I'm out for now! It's called 婚姻保卫战, and I don't want to translate the title lest the meaning sounds completely awkward, but it has something to do with marriages, guarding, and battles. Best of all, we get to see a Stuggle cast reunion (at least with it's main couple), and Yuan Li (du xiao yue from iconic Qing dynasty comedy, Eloquent Ji Xiao Lan)! Excited yet? I know I am! Especially because the director is the same one who directed Struggle and Who Controls My Youth, which means.. guarenteed witty dialogues and humor!

No comments:

Post a Comment