Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Meteor Shower 2 episode one thoughts

一起又看流星雨, also known as meteor shower the sequel, has finally emerged on mainland television and on internet streaming sites, so I got a peek at what's to come. So after watching their episode premiere, three things ran through my mind. First of all, the show is just as exaggerated like I remembered from the original Meteor Shower. Second, I love the hairstyle changes and outfits of the H4 (Duan Mu looks a thousand times better now). Also I noticed that both Yun Hai and Yu Xun's mothers have changed - like they actually switched actresses for both of these characters. I like this change in the sense that these actresses are more likeable, but at the same time, they'll seem a little less "caring" as the previous actresses because they haven't worked together with the leads as long.
       Shang Guan Rui Xi (from the H4) is definitely a character worth investing time to watch, because this dude, he's tricky, cool, adorable, funny, and a bad boy who isn't really bad. I think he is going to be the interesting factor that will get me to keep watching Meteor Shower 2, even though he's not one of the main leads.
      If you were wondering about the new female antagonist, aka Yun Hai's new 'arranged' fiance, I don't like her one bit.
      Finally, I want to point out that the drama makers are getting lazy with their soundtracks because they still kept the same theme song and insert songs. Maybe they just wanted viewers to have nostalgia and familiarity with the show?

1 comment: