Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Quick Review: Lover, Youth Stage, and Fashion Kingdom

So I'm on a roll in my new Quick Review series, so might as well do some more. This time it really going to be short, so I'm not doing an audio version of this post.


introducing... little cute university boy!
Intro - Lover aka 恋人 is a brand-new mainland drama, sort of on the meloromance side of the spectrum. It's been promoted as one of the first mainland-produced "korean drama". Which translates to a beautified
romantic tragedy. As for the stars, both young and old, are mostly either newcomers or people that are not super famous yet. The main storyline is quite slow and boring, but I love the vivid cinematography and the interactions between the female heroine and a university classmate boy who has a thing for her. So cute, that boy. So, to watch, or not to watch? Not my cup of tea, melos. But to make up for this disappointing review, here's a treat... Not to be misleading, but this is NOT a story revolving these two. The story is about a young girl in love with a man 14 years her senior.

Yes! They are watching My Sassy Girl. Movie dates ftw!!

Intro - Youth of Stage is a Han Geng drama. Yes, everyone can now go flocking over to watch our cutie dancing hip-hop... Haha. No, also not recommended actually. I love how Han Geng's gestures and expressions are so funny and how he's such a great mandarin speaker (once thought he was korean, long story short)... but the plot is kind of boring and simple. Also, I'm not very fond of many of the other actors, who I feel are too expressionless or wooden in their acting. Too slow paced and mostly focused on Han Geng's dance move, etcerra.

Intro - Fashion Kingdom aka 时尚王国. Sounds quite chic, doesn't it. I might've talked about this show a while back in my entries, but I'm going to review it here anyways. Visuals were superb. But to cut it down short, I'm not too happy with the white wigs. Okay, I'm not trying to be superficial, so it's not only this, but I found myself having to skip a ton of scenes because they just didn't attract me enough to watch them through. I liked the camera work, but that's probably about it. Another disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment