Sunday, August 15, 2010

My Fu Kang An...

Eloquent Ji Xiao Lan arguably introduced the seven-year old me into the world of asian dramas. It was probably one of the most addictive historical, intellectual dramas, because even at that young age, I marathoned a dozen episodes of it until 4 the following morning. And I fell in love with one of the antagonists of the show, Fu Kang An. He was a young military leader during Emperor Qianlong's reign, and often participated in He official's mischievous schemes against the scholar Ji Xiao Lan. All of what I just said must sound really confusing if you haven't seen this drama yet.

Fu Kang An (R) He's a cutie.
The point of this entry is that one of my first drama crushes was the charismatic and a tad evil, Fu Kang An, played by the now-professor at Beijing's prestigious film academy, Xiang Neng. There's always something about him, his voice, distinctively sharp and his face always alert. He doesn't seem chummy even when he's in love scenes (Pervert! I meant in scenes where he's showing love emotions). I googled this guy up, and found some of his recent idol series he's been in, and went on to preview his idol series from 2008, 凭什么爱你 (where he stars as the main supporting actor). As soon as he's on screen, I instantly flashed back to his Fu Kang An image. His voice, tone, facial expressions all resemble Fu Kang An, back in the day. Actually 8 years ago, in 2000 to be exact. I'm in love once again, haha. But I really dislike the slightly ruffled hair and goatee he sports in this drama. I have a hunch that the director purposely did that so that his true good-looks (minus ruffled hair and goatee) would overshadow even the main guy. Aishhh... such a waste of a true talent. Even though this guy is probably in his early thirties right now, he can still shine as a main lead if somebody gave him a chance! Like say, Peter Ho and Huang Xiao Ming for instance.
He's in love. That fu kang an.

No comments:

Post a Comment