Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Si Si Xin Dong...more ridiculous yet exciting?!

I'll name 2 things I hate from this drama, and 2 things I purely enjoy. First off, I think it's really silly that Si Si Xin Dong in particular is so keen on it's product advertisement aka product placement. I mean, really? It just ruins the mood sometimes when Xiao Rou or some guy always points out that she needs to use her 'special weapon' again - which is nothing other than a Rejoice leave-in conditioner. It's practically all over this drama. Another thing is how everyone gets so exaggerated, and on top of that, I really dislike some of the female characters such as the lady boss of the television company. And omg, when the "other girl" Tian er comes into the picture, I know we'll have another character to get annoyed at.
Soem great things about Si Si Xin Dong are that in recent episodes, Chen Ge is already in a relationship with Xiao Rou, and they're super sweet to each other! Also, throw the director (Xiao Rou's filming director) into the romantic loop, and you've literally got a once-solemn and arrogant man getting it on with the female lead. No, I'm kidding, but spoilers ahead. The director went to save a roped Xiao Rou from a 35 feet tree - as she was up there interviewing a tree doctor for a show - and he catches her, they both twirl around in midair, while he kisses her unexpectedly. Outrageous funny, and I'll have to admit, it was the most adorable thing. Gotta love our exaggerated dramas.

Edit: Later, Tian er comes back. She's actually more likeable than I imagined, but Xiao Rou's still the best. So cute, even her hurt expression when Chen Ge goes up to Tian er with a pained look. But the most ridiculous thing in this episode? Xiao Rou confides in Da Mei that she thinks Chen Ge liked her was "only because I have the same long and shiny, straight hair as Tian er. He only liked me because I was like a shadow/mirror image of his beloved Tian er." Stupid! Don't think that omg. I'll bet Chen ge really likes Xiao Rou best, but this sudden encounter with Tian er is just so surprising that he has to first figure out why she left him all these years. Another Rejoice reminder most likely.

No comments:

Post a Comment