Friday, December 18, 2009

First Day of Winter Break! And Some Drama-Watch Talk...

Bumbleberri's drama of the day...
***let's not talk about school since winter break is already here!!

---
So I'm just watching the japanese police drama Tokyo DOGS with Shu Oguri and Mizushima Hiro & of course the lovely Yoshitaka Yuriko (although i can never remember her name bc it's so long, i had to google this up)! :) Because of some LJ-er blogged about one of the episodes with screencaps and it looked pretty exciting even though I'm not a big fan of the police genre (see? I even skipped out on the Black & White craze with Vic Zhou even though it was recommended to me oh so many times). Also because my friend is watching it, so I'm curious. Shun is actually...pretty decent looking in here. I'm...usually not very open towards this guy (*hana-kimi* ick acting), but from the few episodes I've seen so far in this, I'm warming up to him (and I'm also pretty shocked how much hairstyles change people o.o seriously)..
Hiro *hugs* He is so adorably hilarious when he was trying to describe what he thought yakusas were supposed to look like, compared to the 'handsome' portrait of Jinno. XD And yes, I went ahead and skipped to the 9th episode (new one that came out on Mysoju today)...I promise I'll go back and watch the rest!! I promise!! But let me finish episode 9 first :P I have to see if this is interesting before I know I'll actually follow this!
16 minutes into episode 9...
I'm laughing my butt off at Sou (Oguri)...who's just made a totally serious police catch like eating a piece of delicious strawberry cake. Ok, weird connotation, but whatever. The dude is surprisingly half-likeable in this drama.
NOBODY TOLD ME THIS WAS A COMEDY-POLICE DRAMA?? Or else, I would have more of a reason to watch it earlier XD Omg, this is freaking hilarious. Teh only thing I would complain about their comedic style is how everyone else give so much time to the person who's acting exaggerated/silly, like the instances with Marou acting out - they gave a little too much time - enough that it's sometimes hard for the viewer to watch those scenes because it looks so embarrasing. If you've watched episode 9 (or other episodes, but I'm not sure about them), then you would know what I'm referring to.
YEEPS. I've almost forgotten about watching JIN. XD I will, as promised - to an awesome LJer who screencapped the drama and who lured me into putting JIN on my dramas-to-watch list.

ON a final note... Jeremy whoops! Apparently I'm still suffering from You're Beautiful withdraw haha. I mean Lee Hong Ki... After watching him in a couple of his FT Island group's messages regarding their japanese albums - he sends out a strange dejavu aura to me - he reminds me a LOT of akira (Yamapi's character from the ever-famous Nobuta wo Produce). Does anyone else feel that way? He's almost like Yamapi when he did his trademark adorableness, except Yamapi does it sexier, imo LOL. Please, no haters here, of course I adore Hong Ki too - all thanks to You're Beautiful, for letting me know about him :)
---
Oh how time-travel stories never fail me xDD Especially of the comedy genre ahaha..
Yup! I'm definitely talking about JIN right now. I'm watching it and I can tell you from half of the first episode in, it's getting really good. And unexpectedly also very funny. Similar to Louis Koo's A Step Into The Past - except more 'realistic' as realism gets (in a time-travel story, which is already a fictionous genre in itself, if that made sense) abeit a little creepy with his flashbacks of the embryo in the little glass bottle(you'll see what I mean from the first episode). Ayase Haruka's pitch-perfect acting as a smart Edo period lady made me reconsider my bias against her before. The last drama I've seen of her was in Tatta Hitotsu no Koi with Kame, but after that, she became more annoying in her acting - as I've seen bits and parts of her newer dramas after that one... But I'm starting to get into like her in dramas again ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment