Monday, December 14, 2009

Up To Date on the Past Week and Drama ramblings

Bumbleberri's drama of the day...


ARGHasdfajklfj!@#!# I had a really good one to put here...but I forgot.

I'll get back to this if I remember it later!

---

Current Favorites in songs:

Today: I Can Not Forgive - Cha Soo Kyung (Wife's Temptation OST)

Last Week:

暗戀 - 陶喆

雕花笼 - heard this song in an entry for the c-t contest & was hooked ever since :)

你看不到的天空 - 蔡旻佑

***

Dramas I've been watching on & off these past few weeks...post-You're Beautiful (of course I have to mention this drama again! lol)

Autumn's Concerto, Hi! My Sweetheart, Invincible Lee Pyung Kang, Will It Snow on Christmas?, and most recent - Wife's Temptation.

So why on & off, you ask?

First off, let's start with Autumn's Concerto, a taiwanese romance drama I've been continuing to watch simultaneously with the latter half of You're Beautiful. But as much as I've grown to really love this drama, it only comes out an episode a week! And I'm impatient, thus, I find other dramas to watch during the other 6 days of the week (not every day of course because I have hw & a life outside of dramas haha)...

As for Hi! My Sweetheart, another taiwanese drama I'm beginning to take an interest on...let's just say that I love the Show Lo & Rainie Yang & Lee Wei triangle (and even the almost-pointless *ouch* storyline), but it ALSO only comes out once a week because it is currently broadcasting... plus, mysoju with its viiki videos fail on me a lot :(

Alright, so finally back on track with some highly anticipated kdrama Lee Pyung Kang, right? With its hong gil dong-like feel, it should be keeping me busy right? no. Of course the couple of episodes I've seen are great - except for some boring golf scenes (sorry I don't like golf!) and the fact that the female lead is only awesome in ancient clothing, AND the fact that the leads are constantly screaming into each other's ears...kind of turn me off a little. Another reason why I'm not completely hooked? High-quality updates. New episodes. Non-existent. And no, Tudou videos don't count. (I can barely make out the chinese subtitles on each video, granted I can at least read them)

So on the new broadcasted melo-romance (I heard?), starring the always-sophisticated Han Ye Seul (from Fantasy Couple and Ms. Golddigger)...here's what I think. The first 2 episodes were am-azing. Yes, the childhood parts. These parts definitely caught my attention and the interactions between the child leads were very enjoyable. Now, when the storyline changes to 8 years later, I became a little apprehensive of how the plot was going to develop. Another thing, call me shallow, but first thing I noticed regarding the male lead. JACKIE CHAN. Yes, he's gorgeous, a complete eye-candy, but when he smiles - JACKIE - his nose and mouth resem - CHAN. As you can tell, I'm not a big fan of dear ol' Jackie; unlike the millions of them in this world :P On the other hand, I have absolutely no complaints so far for Ye Seul's performance, natural and she looks stunning as always. But seriously, the plot from episode 3 on does. not. catch. my. attention. Sadly, the viiki video clips not working here and there did not help the situation. So I'm considering dropping this series, what do you guys think? I just don't think this was too exciting for a romance drama, a little draggy - need some more substance and drama here!

Sorry, long post already, but I'm going to finish up with my rants on the most recent drama I've just seen (an hour ago) - Wife's Temptation. I love the ost of this drama if anything! And this drama does have a good potential as an edge-of-your-seat drama. Though drama it is; from reviews on the internet, this is supposed to be very makjang-like - with full-on twisted revenge schemes, adultery, and other dark themes. Also, this drama is verrry long with 129 episodes. O.O The longest drama I've seen to date is a mere 50 episodes compared to this. And it was a mainland wuxia drama, LOCH 2008. Why are most kdramas and jdramas so short (like 7-16 episodes) while some are 100+ episodes? So I have a question then - does the number of episodes increase indicate a decrease in the quality of the episodes/ the plot? I mean, it's hard for some drama directors and screenwriters to even produce a solid 10 episode drama, so how is it possible for the 100+ ones to get into the higher ratings??

I would like to end this post with a *prays for snow day tomorrow*! Haha that'd be awesome - no school!! Good night folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment