Saturday, July 17, 2010

2/3/2010 - Koizora Movie Review and rants about asian blogs

Bumbleberri's drama of the day...
"amanda.."
"mm?"
"HA JI MAL GOR GU RE SO..."
"omgsh no bumbleberri no"
(someone else) "Ha. Ji. Mal go reee so! An bo riii. *RAPS*"
"haha that's a good idea! I like it!"
"Thanks!" roflll
"bumbleberri... I don't want to sing that cuz the song gets into my head"
"Tu ne peux pas chante cette chanson parce que tu ne peut pas parle le Coree! rofl."
***
Sina.com/cn - popular mainland chinese blog
Ameblo.jp - popular japanese blog
Naver.com - popular korean blog
***
EDIT: omg haha funny. I've always had a korean Yahoo blog without knowing it. Apparently if you have a registered yahoo email address, you automatically get a korean blog, is that right? I've just posted my first entry in it, fun fun. I wonder how to change the blog background though, not that I dislike it, but it's probably the korean default bg, and I want to make mine unique.

THIS IS PROBABLY THE nth TIME I'M REWATCHING "Koizora the Movie"... but this movie is strangely growing on me, every single time I come back and watch it again (usually more and more hq and with more understanding of japanese).
I guess maybe it has to do with the very first time I saw this movie - late fall of 2007. I saw this movie on Aragaki Yui's dramawiki profile - an actress whom I was not too familiar with back then, but I thought she was uber cute and pretty and tall (and I still do now). So I found the trailers for it, got very very interested in it, read through an early review of koizora on Twitchfilm.net, then proceded to follow every source on the upcoming romance film. Except news were few (I guess Koizora wasn't very well promoted...unlike Kurosagi, which was all over the variety shows and entertainment news channels). Even when I finally found one snipet of hope on veoh a couple of weeks after the release, I found to my dismay, a LQ and with no subs - english or chinese. But then a few months later, I get these 'omg koizora was so amazing' 'wahh koizora made me cry more than 1 litre of tears', and 'it's such a beautiful must-watch movie' 'gakky and miura haruma forever' etcetc comments all over the livejournal coms, all over crunchyroll, d-addicts forums, wordpress blogs and youtube. Just...everyone. All of a sudden everyone knew about this movie and everyone liked it. Aww, I thought. Why don't I watch it once more? So I did, but since I still couldn't find the beginning parts, nor were the videos english subbed - I finish the movie once more with indifference. But as you all know, I definitely don't feel the same way anymore after seeing this 10+ times now, and finally in HQ and audible sound (as well as a better understanding of japanese). And my conclusion for this movie is... definitely worth the time to see. Very entertaining, sweet, sad (yup), and I love Hiro&Mika's phone convo scenes during the early half of the movie before they actually 'met' each other! Their dialogues are really sweet and Gakky's voice is so adorable (i love the way she talks), it makes me want to have a sweet japanese voice too lol. And of course I have to comment about the stunning cinematography - which 'Heavenly Forest' has shown as well. I'm noticing

No comments:

Post a Comment