Sunday, July 11, 2010

Favorite japanese drama in over 5 months?

Tumbling has been around for a couple of months already, the main target for the jdrama, being teenagers. The cast includes Yusuke, Seto, and Miura Shohei - a handful of guys from the Seventeen magazine favorite ikemen. Not that I didn't like the plot, the cm and the casting of yusuke put me off a bit. So instead of giving this drama a try, I ignored it whenever I saw the title on mysoju or dramacrazy. Plus the poster showed the guys in what looked like pink and white tutus. Not too appealing.
Today though, I'm currently watching impatiently for the next episode of Calling for Love, meanwhile seeing the words Tumbling in big, bold letters on dramacrazy. So I told myself, since it's almost the last episode (uploading with english subs on dramacrazy is relatively slow), why not just give one episode a try. The reviews for this seems positive as well.
So I tried it, I'm on the first episode right now... and turns out, it IS really interesting, livelier than I had imagined. One of the biggest surprises I got from the drama so far, was the 'pretty' new transfer student, Mari. On first glance, she seemed like one of those 90s beauties. She looked confident, and her voice sounded cute. Strangely, I found her laughing face familiar, and that bugged me, so I did some research on dramawiki. Turns out, Seventeen model Okamoto Azuka plays this character!! Omg. I could barely tell. I had disliked Azuka as a model in Seventeen because she had always seemed so fake-looking and I couldn't get into liking her no matter how I saw her. But here, I had found her likable immediately. So this deifnitely goes to show how different a person's image could be shown in acting as compared to just their face on a magazine spread.
Anyways, I think I'm really going to like this drama, so I'll probably continue watching this!

No comments:

Post a Comment