Thursday, July 15, 2010

Introducing: recent Chinese dramas and movies

《摇摆de婚约》, 《娱乐没有圈》, and《杜拉拉升职记》.
   (Love In Cosmo)          (Entertainment Has No Circle)             (Dulala's Promotion)

Let's start with 摇摆de婚约. This is a newly released film that combines high-fashion, love, and some really familar characters. The beginning portion really had me hooked with it's quick visuals and superb editing. Plus we have the guy from Who Controls My Youth back as the male lead! Really funny and cute guy. The female lead is best described as spunky. Wacky. Careless. All the same, fabulously clumsy. Yup, looking forward to finishing this film - currently half way through.

娱乐没有圈 starts off cliche. It's almost like a mainland verison of... any idol taiwanese drama related to the entertainment industry. I do like the heroine though, she's really cute and funny and quite an unique character. Editing makes this show go round. They even had all the characters say their introductions to the camera, risking their show to corniness. But since I've only seen the first episode, I'm not here to judge this series...yet. Overall, I've found myself enjoying the series, despite it's downfalls, so try thsi if you haven't, and tell me what you think about it. Might get better as it goes along, it does have potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment