Saturday, July 17, 2010

1/5/2010 - Future career options and new drama brainstorming

Bumbleberri's drama of the day...

***
Argh. So much for putting a halt to my long-time pursuit of growing up to become a drama director/ film director. Only a couple days ago, I had finally finally understood why getting a successful career as a drama director would be almost an impossible task in the market these days. And mom and dad were right. I think. So I opted for the next best career, doing something along the lines of Marketing (reminscing my dalja's spring days..her character was a marketing director or smth, just thought I'd fill you in if you didn't know lol). Or advertsing manager, something artsy/creative would be good. But as I anticipate the new Hong Lou Meng mainland drama coming up on CNY, and yesterday's epiphany I had (actually I don't think the word epiphany makes sense here but I can find the words to describe this otherwise haha) - while I was doing my hw notes, I suddenly brainstormed a very original storyline for a new drama series, and the thought totally bugged me until I finally had it down on a piece of index card I grabbed that was lying around. This project is one that I want to begin around spring of this year, continuing throughout this year's summer break (hopefully). And honestly, I'm really hyper and excited about doing this. I remember the last time I had this kind of epiphany (for lack of better words) was one night in October of 2007, whilst I was dreaming. XD
So guess what I did that time? I forced myself awake (it was 2am)...grabbed a giant piece of paper, and begin writing nonstop on it, full of ideas for the story I wanted to write into a fanfiction novel about. I didn't stop until my fingers were cramped, after filling up the whole page - front and back - until 2:30 am. A full, nicely thought out love story about my favorite otp pair at the time, Yamaki. Unfortunately, I never got the story finished. Me and my incompletedness.
However, I don't want to give up and just stop like last time, this time I won't let that idea slip past me. I WILL make it happen :) Watch for this drama, folks! Along with your favorite, anticipated dramas y'all watch, I hope you will support mine as well, I'm confident that this drama will not fail me. Thank you!! And stay tuned for updates! Won't take long! :D

Another note, I think I'm more interested in the cinamatography field than just good ol' scriptwriting. This is just something I'm beginning to notice about myself, I'm more interested in the different camera angles dramas do, where to pose the camera for the best/emotional effects,... etc. But I also wish to do some directing, such as where the actors are supposed to stand/sit, interpreting the script, and imagining how the actors would portray those emotions. I love to have discussing about these sort of things, but I also like to boss people around *ducks away in shame*, maybe I'm cut out for directing? Actually, or not, because I've just remembered having made a bunch of music videos so far (each eating away ~ 5 hours of my day), treasuring them dearly, and wishing for a more professional program like Sony Vegas/Adobe Premiere to edit my videos...

Inspired By:
http://www.dramabeans.com/kdrama-scripts/
http://www.screenwriting.info/
Broke Up Today - younha MV
Seoul Song - SUJU ft. SNSD

I would love starting with short films like Goo Hye Sun (or even entering them into contests...sounds so amazing to me right now)... but I've already done one already, and I really hope to finish my new drama idea and focus on it before I move onto something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment