Friday, July 16, 2010

I'm craving for sweets... How about some asian sponge cake with some Japanese-style crepes?

These days, while my dad is the the hospital, I'm stuck around the house, so why not opt for some snacks to lighten up the mood? A few days ago, when my aunt and uncle came to visit, I experimented with Castella cake - which really turned out to be a success. Later, I tried the asian sponge cake that one would find in Asia, usually for birthday cakes - and as luck would have had it - mine turned out just as scrumptuous as those birthday cakes. (Kudos to the recipe) Especially after the whipped cream and fresh strawberries went on. Yumm.

Here's to Asian desserts! Just pick something below and I'll make it for youu... I know I'm far from an expert, but at least I can make decent desserts haha.
(this post is mostly dedicated to my family and friends, but it looks all so delicious right? hope it gives everyone inspiration to make cakes and other yummy snacks.)

Ps. I'm really craving #1 right now...mmm.

Disclaimer: None of these images (below, within this entry) belong to me. I googled them, so all of these pictures belong to their respective owners. Thank you!

1. Cheesecake Crepe




















2. Coffee Dessert Drink





















3. Castella cake





















4. Strawberry tanghulu
















5. Asian Sponge cake 


6. Omurice (Omelet Rice)
















7. Ramen















8. Gimbap (Korean sushi)



No comments:

Post a Comment