Saturday, July 31, 2010

Hair Product Commercials

I've always really liked shampoo commercials, especially how chinese, korean, and japanese commercials film them! I know I know, most of the 'perfect' and swishing in the wind hair we see in the commercials are either computer-generated or added special effects for that perfect swish, but I can't help but marvel how beautiful and inspiring those ads made me feel.

a cute Vic Zhou ad to promote Rejoice leave-in conditioners

Often, my favorite hair product cms have been from REJOICE, LUX, Tsubaki, and Pantene among others. I still remember years back when I made my relatives search long and far (through a bunch of markets across our neighborhood in Beijing) to ask for that one special Rejoice shampoo with added sunscreen (for hair)! That was after I saw this beautifully shot commercial of a gorgeous girl holding an umbrella under the sun, and then revealing her shiny, luscious hair as she walked on the beach. We never found a shampoo like that, it turned out it wasn't even out in stores yet.

My favorite Rejoice commercial was the one with Vic Zhou chasing after a girl on a train, he shoots a picture of her gorgeous locks before chasing her and finally thrusting his picture at her and she catches it..somehow, while riding the train.
Lux always featured the glamorous Fan Bing Bing, walking out on stage/red carpet and shaking around her pretty hair to the paparazzi...
Tsubaki is still my favorite go-to shampoos, titling themselves #1 for Japanese females ahaha. Those ads mostly feature 5 current top japanese actresses with beautiful sleek, black hair.
And last but not least, Pantene recently released their newest commerical featuring my favorite Japanese actress Aragaki Yui, and having her apply the leave-in conditioner and skip out into the rainy weather so carefree... wonderfully filmed commericals.

Looks like chinese women love their hair enough, not to just do commericals for hair, but FULL asian dramas dedicated to using the right hair products! Yes, namely... our new hit- mainland idol drama - Si Si Xin Dong! Watching up to their 10th episode already, and blatant Rejoice product placements are everywhere still. Though I do have to say I really want to try out their leave-in conditioner now! Haha. Even Blue Lan's first gift to Xiao Rou boyfriend-girlfriend wise was a shopping bag loaded with an assortment of Rejoice hair products!!

No comments:

Post a Comment