Saturday, July 17, 2010

Ubiquitous Yogurt Drink - the Yakult!

Growing up, these small plastic jugs of the yogurt-like drink showed up everywhere. I've seen them stocked up in asian friends' houses, at local supermarkets, during kids fairs... all the time and just everywhere. One thing I never knew was the name of that darn drink! Even after Lee Minho from Boys Before Flowers filmed a whole commercial for the new "Banana Milk flavor" version of it!

Just this morning, while I went in search of my childhood favorite japanese sweet - I came across - FINALLY, the wikipedia page of that mysterious drink! Yakult. Funny name eh? For those who haven't checked it out yet, you definitely should! It's very detailed for a wiki page, and go there and just have fun with it alright? Maybe someone out there reading this entry right now had the same childhood questions about the name of this yummy drink too! So now you know... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment